ETSY

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A long time coming...


So, while digging through the old files yesterday looking for art for an interview I found this:
This was the very first drawing I did of Molly, way back in 2001. As you can see, she hasn't changed much.
The thing is, sometimes you don't know what you have right under your nose. I've spent my entire career wanting to be a comic book artist for a major company. I know, that's the dream of a lot of artists, but for me it was the end all, be all for a very long time. Until a few years ago, the idea of generating my own properties scared me. Not anymore. I'm embracing my ideas for once and pushing forward. Molly Danger is a story that whether or not this campaign is successful (Although I hope it is) That will come to the bookshelves and digital. That's a promise.
When I say I believe in Molly Danger, It's not hyperbole. It's a fact.
I thank you all for your faith and your love and good wishes,
Jamal

No comments:

Post a Comment